Students and young professionals:
Attend Blue Cities 2019 through our Water Leaders of Tomorrow program
The Canadian Municipal Water Consortium and Ontario Clean Water Agency are pleased to present the Water Leaders of Tomorrow program for outstanding graduate students and young professionals. Selected candidates will receive free registration to Blue Cities, a national water conference on May 7-8, 2019 in Toronto, as well as other benefits (see below).
This program will engage the next generation in discussions on complex water management challenges. Selected participants will have an opportunity to interact with senior water leaders from around the world and engage in “big picture” conversations on sector priorities, innovation and opportunities to advance sustainable municipal water systems.
- Complimentary registration ($875 value) to Blue Cities includes participation in the plenary and concurrent sessions, Welcome Reception, Poster Showcase and a Blue Networking event with Toronto’s water community.
- Profiles of the 2019 Water Leaders of Tomorrow participants will be featured on the conference website.
- Each program participant will be paired with a mentor who can provide introductions and share conference and career insights.
- Program participants will receive an exclusive invitation to an evening reception hosted by the Canadian Municipal Water Consortium on May 6.
- Applicants can also apply for partial reimbursement for travel or accommodation.
Limited funds are available; only candidates who require this support should apply.
Who is eligible?
- Graduate students at a Canadian university or college who are studying water.
- Young professionals (living in Canada) within the first 5 years of their water career.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn more about complex water challenges, engage with senior water leaders, expand your professional network and identify future collaborators.